Since the 2009 Australian Open is underway, I thought what better way to interest those of us who may not follow tennis closely in this event than by listing the hottest guys to swing a racket.
1. Andy Roddick (U.S., 26) So far, so good. The hottest guy on my list (and on many others according to my research) won in the 1st round.
2. Roger Federer (Switzerland, 27) I had a tough time not putting Federer at the top of the list. Though not conventionally sexy, he looks like a man among boys both on the court and off! Not to mention he has pretty much ruled men’s tennis for the past 5 years or so. Hail to the king!
3. James Blake (U.S., 29) One word to sum up this NY native- yum!
4. Lleyton Hewitt (Australia, 27) The only guy on the list to lose in the first round, the Aussie , is still recovering from a hip surgery (performed last August).
5. Marat Safin (Russia, 28) This bad boy arrived at an competition earlier this month with a bandaged hand, two black eyes and a few cuts as a result of a fight in Moscow several weeks earlier. He is well known for emotional outbursts on the court and as of 2005 was thought to have broken about 300 rackets.
6. Tommy Haas (Germany, 30) The highest world ranking he reached was Number 2 in 2002, though he comes in a little lower on this list at number 6. He was also featured in the SI Swimsuit edition in 2003 looking mighty fine!
7. Tomas Berdych (Czech Republic, 23) The youngest of the top 7, his gorgeous blue eyes got him on the list