Ever since the days of Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe we’ve been obsessed with the idea of celebrities dating athletes. In honor of Vanentine’s Day here is my list of the best celeb/athlete couples.
1. David and Victoria Beckham - What’s not to love?
2.Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen - Two people this beautiful owe it to the rest of us to have lots and lots of beautiful babies to populate the earth.
3. Derek Jeter and Minka Kelly - I love how he instinctively wraps a protective arm around her. Jeter may be a ladies man but he’s still a gentleman (A-Fraud could learn a thing or two from Jeter).
4. Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias - And they said it wouldn’t last… This on again, off-again couple have been a hot item since 2002. At least their relationship is hot because neither of them is too warm in the career department.
5. Tony Parker and Eva Longoria Parker - They’re cute together but I have one small problem with this pair. Every chance Eva gets she gushes about what a great marriage and great sex life they have. The Golden Rule of Public Life… Don’t put yourself up on a public pedastal or you’ll eventually fall from it.
6. Dario Franchitti and Ashley Judd - They remind me of the beautiful sophisticated old-Hollywood type love story.
7. Cory Hart and Pink - They may not have old-Hollywood glamour but has there ever been a pair more perfectly suited? Rumor is they are patching up their marriage and I hope it works for them!
8. Jeff Gordon and Ingrid Vandebosch - He seems like an all-around good guy so it’s nice to see him get a happy ending with a beautiful Belgian model.
9. Reggie Bush and Kim Kardashian - The injury-prone former Heisman winner and Kardashian (I’m still not sure why she is famous???) don’t have a love story for the ages, but if they’re good enough for the pages of the gossip rags they’re good enough for my blog!
10. Serena Williams and Common - I couldn’t find any up-to-date dirt on whether or not this pair is still an item but I hope they are. I’d love for the iron maiden of tennis to find love.
Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson - I doubt this one will last with all the media scrutiny but I’d like to see Jessica find a happy ending.
Mike Comrie and Hillary Duff - This former teen queen has managed to escape the fate that many of her cohorts. Unlike Brittany Spears, Lindsay Lohan and the Olsen twins, as far as we know Duff has managed to keep her grown-up self out of rehab. For that alone she deserves kudos.
Andy Roddick and Brooklyn Decker - America’s golden boy of tennis and a former Sports Illustrated swimsuit model, that’s an all-American love story if I ever heard one!